Friday, June 26, 2009

An apology to Elizabeth

And now for something completely unrelated to TTC...

We're moving in about a month, so I thought it would be a good idea to begin clearing out the freezer. It's full of little unlabeled containers of this and that. I thought I'd remember what everything was, but the contents of a number of the containers remain a mystery. I hate to waste food, so I decided to give the mystery containers to the dog, who will happily eat anything. So today I put a half portion of kibbles in her bowl, and topped it off with a small container of what I thought might be a butternut bisque.

Nope. It was curried chickpeas.

I got to leave for the safety of work as the dog was gobbling it all down. But Elizabeth- my poor Elizabeth- is stuck at home with the dog and her stinky puppy farts all day. Sorry honey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Popcorn is BAD too. Poor E!

Melissa said...

yummy! hope you left her some bathroom spray to help combat the odor!

A said...

That is so funny. I'm sure the puppy loved it. You meant well.

Lisa said...

I hope her tummy isn't upset. Curried chickpeas... I will have to try that though.

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

Thanks for your comment. We are definitely glad that we're not looking like the octomom over here... I was a little disappointed that there were only two, but also a little relieved. Trying to find the right balance is tricky, isn't it?

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

DOH! I'll bet the dog was super psyched, though! That is too funny.