Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Those are NOT jellybeans!

I had my post IUI progesterone test today.  My level was low-  only 5.3.  Even though our nurse says that the progesterone level is not an indicator of whether or not the egg was fertilized, I can't help but feel defeated.  I feel like my body is not doing what it's supposed to do.  
So now I get to go back on the progesterone suppositories.  I'll be taking them not once, not twice, but three times a day.  Yuck.  I hate progesterone.  The pills look innocent enough- almost like jellybeans.  
Who knew they would be such horrible little things?  I hate the mess.  I hate that it mimics the symptoms of early pregnancy.  Most of all, I hate that it throws my cycle off.  The first time I had to use progesterone, I didn't know that it could make my period come a few days late.  I was so excited when I made it through day 28, 29 and 30 without any signs of AF.  But then, just as I was about to test, AF showed up.  I had gotten my hopes so built up, only to be disappointed.  I can only hope that being prepared for the side effects of progesterone will make it easier to deal with this time around.  

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry about the progesterone. This is my first time on it so thanks for the heads up on all the ugly side effects.

Lisa said...

I've heard they are messy and that sometimes wearing a light day can help with the icky feeling.