I was tagged about a million years ago for this meme by bao in the oven. I had been saving it for a time when I really needed distraction or a post topic. So, thank you Mama Bao, having this meme to complete meant that I only spent 90% of my work day typing things like "5 weeks no symptoms" into Dr. Google. I'd like to tag a few other bloggers who are in need of distraction or blog topics. I'm tagging Mommies in the making, Half a dozen of the other, and Woes of a barren lesbo.
1. What is the color of your toothbrush?
Green. I always buy green toothbrushes.
2. Name one person who made you smile today.
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Unlocking the doors at work
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Packing things up for a UPS delivery.
5. What is your favorite candy bar?
Reeses, Twix and Crunchies
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Once, in college. A friend’s girlfriend was working there and we went to support her.
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
“No, sorry” when someone asked if a phone had been turned into our lost and found.
8. What is your favorite ice cream?
Pistachio or hazelnut gelato. I also had a really amazing blackberry rhubarb sorbet at a place called Scoop and Crumb in Brighton. It was like I had found the sorbet I’d been searching for all my life.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Gingerbread flavored herbal tea. It was the only non-caffeinated, artificial sweetener-free beverage available at a work party
10. Do you like your wallet?
It’s okay. I could really use some more space for cards. I always forget to use gift cards because I don’t have enough space to carry them all in my wallet.
11. What was the last thing you ate?
Pizza, at the work party.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
13. The last sporting event you watched?
Went to a Yankees game in August.
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Either doused in Franks Red Hot, or with truffle salt and parmesan cheese.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
16. Ever go camping?
Not nearly enough.
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
T@rget brand prenatals, hidden inside a regular multivitamin container. I have nosy friends, and I don’t want them finding prenatals in my medicine cabinet.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
I’m not religious at all.
19. Do you have a tan?
Currently, not so much. The short days and fluorescent lights at work don’t help the situation.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
Very tough question, since there are so many variations. I love our regular Chinese restaurant, because they always give us the REAL menu. But bad Chinese food can be spectacularly bad. I suppose if I had to choose between bad pizza and bad Chinese food, I’d take the bad pizza because it would be the lesser of two evils. Good pizza vs. good Chinese food? It completely depends on the day.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
I don’t really drink soda.
22. What did your last text message say?
I parked on Huntington St. and am about to walk over to the party. I am so glad we don’t live there anymore.
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Having a holiday cocktail / hors d’oeuvres party, and having my 5 week ultrasound. Please please please let them see something!
24. Favorite color?
25. Look to your left; what do you see?
The UPS shipment I just packed up.
26. What color is your watch?
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”?
My spoiled brat cousin. She’s spending the second half of her junior year abroad in Australia, because she thinks of it as a free vacation. She’s already behind on credits at school because she doesn’t put any effort in. She likes the image of being a vacant sorority girl. Going to Australia will put her even further behind academically, but she doesn’t care because Mommy and Daddy are paying for her to go to college.
28. Would you strip for money?
Usually I pay a $15 co-pay for the privilege of stripping from the waist down.
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
I only go into fast food places if I need to pee on a road trip.
30. What is your favorite number?
35. I decided a while back that when I hit 35, my life would be going in the direction I want it to. We’ll see.
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone?
Elizabeth called and asked if I needed anything from the grocery store
32. Any plans today?
Make red velvet cupcakes and 3 kinds of truffles for our party tomorrow. Start prepping d’oeuvres, walk the dogs.
33. In how many states have you lived?
3. I lived in Connecticut and Massachusetts before I lived here.
34. Biggest annoyance right now?
The cold weather.
35. Last song listened to?
Dunno. Some Christmas song at a work party.
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
Not without some serious concentration. I’m screwed if I ever get pulled over and they suspect I’m drunk.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
The uber-fertile, homeowners, people who have the means to travel whenever they want.
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
I used to think not, but then I found out that a lot of our friends are jealous that Elizabeth and I are in a stable relationship and have our shit together more than they do. And for these people, owning a vacuum constitutes having your shit together.
41. Do you love anyone?
Of course. It makes me so sad to think that someone might answer no.
42. Do any of your friends have children?
Just one. My friend Angela has 9 and 12 year old boys. I absolutely adore those kids. The 12 year old has a picture of our dog on his f@cebook page. How cute is that?
43. What do you usually do during the day?
Work, procrastinate, walk the dog, cook, read, snuggle.
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
My mom always told me that hate is a very strong word. Some people annoy the crap out of me though.
45. Do you use the word hello daily?
I’m more of a “hey” kind of girl.
46. What color is your car?
I think it’s called desert sand. It’s that not-quite-gold color so popular with cars made in the mid 90’s
47. What size wedding ring do you wear?
Never had a wedding, don’t have a ring.
48. Are you thinking about someone right now?
People I still need to buy Christmas presents for.
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Not since it was called Riverside.
50. How did you get your worst scar?
My only scar is a really little one on my knee, from trying to shave my legs when I was too young to know how to do it properly.