Friday, June 26, 2009

An apology to Elizabeth

And now for something completely unrelated to TTC...

We're moving in about a month, so I thought it would be a good idea to begin clearing out the freezer. It's full of little unlabeled containers of this and that. I thought I'd remember what everything was, but the contents of a number of the containers remain a mystery. I hate to waste food, so I decided to give the mystery containers to the dog, who will happily eat anything. So today I put a half portion of kibbles in her bowl, and topped it off with a small container of what I thought might be a butternut bisque.

Nope. It was curried chickpeas.

I got to leave for the safety of work as the dog was gobbling it all down. But Elizabeth- my poor Elizabeth- is stuck at home with the dog and her stinky puppy farts all day. Sorry honey.

6 comments:

poppycat said...

Oh no! Popcorn is BAD too. Poor E!

Melissa said...

yummy! hope you left her some bathroom spray to help combat the odor!

A said...

That is so funny. I'm sure the puppy loved it. You meant well.

Lisa said...

I hope her tummy isn't upset. Curried chickpeas... I will have to try that though.

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

Thanks for your comment. We are definitely glad that we're not looking like the octomom over here... I was a little disappointed that there were only two, but also a little relieved. Trying to find the right balance is tricky, isn't it?

thebao said...

DOH! I'll bet the dog was super psyched, though! That is too funny.