Our friend Angela just told us that she has access to a condo in Mexico mid-August. Her friend owns the condo, and will let her use it for free. Angela had a really rough year, from battling breast cancer to dealing with a crazy ex-husband. She has invited me and Elizabeth and a few other friends to join her at the condo so we can all relax and de-stress.
Elizabeth and I have been struggling all week trying to decide if we should go. We've been talking in circles. The more we talk, the more confused we get. We tried to make a pro / con list, but it got too complicated when we decided that we really needed to weight each pro and con. Of course, it could be a fun time, but there are multiple reasons why we shouldn't go. If the July insemination does work, I would be newly pregnant on vacation. I have no idea how I'd be feeling at that point. It might be miserable. If the July insemination doesn't work, I'd have to skip the August cycle because the vacation would possibly happen when we'd be monitoring or inseminating. And then there's the fact that we're really broke. Even with free lodging, the vacation will cost more than an insemination. So this is where I am seeking your advice. Is it too good an opportunity to pass up, or should we focus on the baby making?