Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I've got mail!

Some of you were caught by surprise when you got your craft exchange presents in the mail. Not me. I was like a little kid waiting for my package with a mysterious return address to show up. The suspense of waiting to find out who got me was so exciting. I even printed out the list of participants, and as each craft was posted on a blog, I would cross the crafter's name off my list. I didn't get to far in my sleuthing, because the package arrived yesterday! And just like my pregnancy, this package was a twofer. The first item I unwrapped was this cute unbreakable, safe for the lower branches tree:




Next, there was the little box. A present within a present! Could this get any cooler?



And what was inside the box, you ask? Upon first glance, it looks like it's just a cute handpainted glass ball with snowmen.





Turn the ball over just a little, and you can see that the snowmen are actually fingers on an adorable little baby hand. so. friggin. cute.



Last of all, there was a card. I saved that for last because finding out who had sent the package was the most exciting part. I am such a cotton headed ninnymuggins that I forgot to get a card for my own craft, and had to jot a quick message on a paper that I stole from the photocopier as I ran to the post office on my lunch break.

So who is the awesome blogger who sent this marvelous, well thought out package? It was the lovely ladies at Build-A-Baby (or two) and their kiddos. I'm so happy that the craft exchange has led me to this new blog, and it's another blog with boy/girl twins to boot! Thanks Build-A-Baby family for the beautiful gifts. So sorry my crummy cell phone pics don't do them justice.

4 comments:

Strawberry said...

The baby hand print is a totally cute idea. I definitely see other bloggers trying that :)

Anonymous said...

L-O-V-E the handprint ball. SO clever!

anofferingoflove said...

that is such a cute idea!! i'm going to have to try that...

Anonymous said...

so happy you liked the ornaments! hope your family had a magical xmas!