Thursday, May 7, 2009

You know you've been TTC too long when...

Yesterday Elizabeth and I were at the gym and an ad for one of those new birth control pills came on the TV. The spokeswoman went on about how great the pill was, and that it was 99% effective in preventing pregnancy when used correctly. I almost fell off the elliptical machine laughing. You know what I've found to be 99% effective in preventing pregnancy?

Trying to get pregnant.

Ok, so I had a bit of a bitter, snarky moment. You know you've been trying to conceive for too long when you forget that there is a huge segment of the population out there trying as hard as they can NOT to get pregnant.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya girl!

Lisa said...

I always think it's so ironic how I spent so many years in college/grad school trying to prevent getting pregnant because I was so focused on finishing school without any hiccups, plus I just wasn't ready to be a mom and now that I want it so bad, it won't freaken happen.

Melissa said...

Amen sista!

A said...

I'm looking at it as good luck and a good sign that we're on the same day this cycle. Let's hope we both have good news to report this month.

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

That's hilarious! It's like: What's 99% effective in preventing pregnancy? How about charting your cycle, taking fertility medication, tracking follicle growth via ultrasounds, injecting hcg to trigger ovulation, and then squirting washed sperm directly into your uterus at the same time you ovulate! Oh, and then shoving pills up your girl parts twice per day for two weeks thereafter.

So far, this is definitely one way to prevent pregnancy... :)