Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Symptoms of the disease - jealousy

One of the most common symptoms of gayby rabies is jealousy.  No matter how happy you are for the pregnant people around you, you'll feel just the slightest twinge of jealousy over the fact that it's them and not you.  

I realized just how badly I've been afflicted when my co-worker Colleen mentioned that she thinks her 17 year old daughter is pregnant.  If the daughter is pregnant, it is of course unintentional.  I'm ashamed to admit that I did have a moment where instead of feeling sympathy for this girl, I felt a bit jealous.  It seems unfair that for some people, getting pregnant is so easy that they can do it without even trying, but others have to try for months or years and spend thousands of dollars.  Of course I did come to my senses a few seconds later, but this whole TTC business can really mess with your head.  

No comments: